Saturday, January 30, 2010

Recollections...


I watch a lot of movies. Watching them on the big screen is a tad more interesting. The opening credits of a film somehow manage to overwhelm me every time. For some movies, I just cannot wait for the ending – Yes, I do not walk out of a movie, however lousy it is (for instance RGV ki Aag!!), because I have paid money to watch. While going through the movie CDs at home, some memories came rushing back and left me laughing. Listing them here for everyone to enjoy.

· Hum Hain Raahi Pyaar Ke – Mad rush at Abhinay theater for tickets. A scrawny 11 year old breaches all lines and gets 7 tickets! I am extremely proud of this achievement.
· Dil Chahta Hai – Mass bunked for the first time in life and what an experience! 3 hours of exemplary fun. Writing an apology letter to the principal next day was like icing on the cake.
· Mujhse Dosti Karoge – Sad film but retained in my memory for the giggling hysteria we took to the cinema hall. Girls (not ladies or women) and giggling are synonymous. We proved this while watching Hrithik and his pastel shaded shirts. The trouble was we had the others around us giggling too, for no reason, after some time.
· Kal Ho Na Ho – My first movie at a multiplex. Rode all the way to Innovative for this one. M cried through the film. I was trying too hard not to laugh at M and the uncle sitting next to me gave us a dirty look for making weird noises.
· Bride & Prejudice and Run (the Hindi version) – M and my idea of a movie marathon. 2 pathetic films in 2 different theaters in a row. Run had an all time low number of people in the audience and it was only the opening weekend! I actually felt sad for AB’s baby. Not anymore, because the guy has not a single acting gene in his body!
· Sivaji – My first Rajnikant film in a movie hall. I witnessed firsthand the hysteria only this man can create. Also remembered for SV’s dialogue on Shriya Saran. Poor guy gets pulled for it till date :).
· Cheeni Kum – I always seem to end up with people who manage to cry while watching films. I, for my life, cannot understand what makes the tear glands so active during a screening. P actually cried during the climax of an otherwise average film.
· Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince – 30 minutes into the movie and amma has dozed off! M screams for the Dumbledore poisoning scene!! I have entertainers all around me!
· Maine Pyar Kiya – I could not resist listing this one here. This one is different from the rest because I did not go to a theater to watch it. Saw the movie at home. Why am I mentioning it here? I am because, watching this, I fell in love for the first time :). 2010 and the love story still continues…

2 comments:

  1. Yeah yeah getting a little involved in a movie makes people cry just the way u read books and scream in the nights or talk about it your sleep
    ;-)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, by the way, I ve started reading Mills and Boons.... Interesting actually..... And yeah I am one of those guys who make fun of SV for the Shriya comment.... lol.

    ReplyDelete

Blah Back