Friday, October 23, 2009

Go-karting at Patel's Inn

So, this was going on since months - the planning to have a team outing. The problem was that there were too many constraints - only half-a-day allowed, only Rs.350 per head (yeah yeah, you read it right), twenty-three people's conflicting meetings and releases, twenty-three different opinions and a totally frustrated organising group (which includes me!).

A friend had suggested this place, for the food and the go-karting. And after immense planning and postponing, we finally went there this afternoon. We opted for the lunch + go-karting package - Rs.350 + tax per head, 6 laps each. One look at the go-karting area, which is smaller than the playground at my school and has rows of tyres arranged to mark the 'tracks', and I thought that this would be the most embarrassing event in my life! I had suggested that we visit this place! And I was already getting sarcastic comments and questions!

We right away proceeded to have lunch and that depressed me more. A below average seating and serving arrangement awaited us. The menu of dishes that we were promised (while reserving) were all present, and luckily the food turned out to be decent.

During lunch itself we girls were eyeing the 'park' near the lunch area, and as soon as we were done, we were all over the swings and see-saw and slide and the other 'things' that one usually finds in a children's park. I guess nothing, not even an ordinary looking park, can deter a bunch of crazy girls from having fun! :) The guys just preferred to watch us and wonder what happened to their otherwise passable-as-sane colleagues!

By now we were all enthused like little kids and off we went to the go-karting area. I inaugurated :) by starting first along with another guy. My!! Was I mistaken! It was real fun! Getting to control the little kart - the accelerator, brake and steering - was tough at first. The engine got switched off thrice because I wasn't accelerating properly. And as the others joined in, around four at a time, there was enough cheering, booing, hitting into the trees or tyres, zooming like Schumi, crawling like turtles.....

A few of us thirsted for more and paid extra (Rs.120) and drove another 6 laps! You don't find a person like ME do that often, but yeah, today I was all out in the open!

Apart from go-karting, there was a swimming pool and supposedly some other games, which we couldn't use because it wasn't included in our package. Patel's Inn is in R.T. Nagar, next to White House flats. I was told that there are other better go-karting places. But as a first-timer, I enjoyed myself very well!

Just returned a few minutes back. And wanted to post this experience, before my procrastination gets the better of me! Snaps will follow soon.

2 comments:

  1. Woman! That must have been something....upload the snaps fast.
    Englishmen and now this???

    ReplyDelete
  2. how is this related to Englishmen?

    ReplyDelete

Blah Back